Skip to navigation | Skip to content

My Aliguay Island AdvenTOUR     Posted on Jul 11 | 14 Comments

Dapitan City is not just all about Dakak Park Beach Resort and Jose Rizal anymore. One of the best beaches to experience when in Dapitan is the crystal clear turquoise waters of Aliguay Island.

Last July 7, a Saturday, me and 5 of my colleagues had the opportunity to go and experience the wonders of Aliguay, from white sand beaches to diverse coral reefs. Staying here in Dapitan for almost eight months now, I finally made it for the first time to this sought-after island in this city.It was a 45-minute trip from Dakak pier uno via the 98-seater airconditioned fast craft, Serpentina. It was a great relief to have such vessel down here for local tourists like me who may not be that adventurous in taking the local ‘banca’.

fastcraft sepentina

While underway the swells were a bit rough, but that didn’t matter anymore as we were greeted by the shimmering white sands of Aliguay Island upon arrival.I find the island small and inhabited mostly by fisher folks. To my surprise, I discovered an airstrip! Such a small island at that with an airstrip can only mean two things!! Either the island is owned by such a wealthy business tycoon who flies to the island for his own private leisure or the island must soon be a major beach destination!  Looking at it, the latter is most likely to happen.  Aliguay, with its magnificent beauty will soon open its shores to tourists who prefer to fly direct to the island via light aircrafts.

We only had until noon-time so we immediately took a quick dip in the pool then eventually on the beach and geared up for snorkeling. It was my first time in Aliguay and it didn’t disappoint me, the coral reefs were an amazing site and a must see when in Aliguay. There were schools oflunchtime both tiny and large species of fish, I could snorkel the whole day but time did not permit. The island is perfect for tourist backpackers who want to experience a more peaceful and serene paradise island vacation. You can likewise try fishing and kayaking.

When you are on budget trip to Aliguay do not forget to bring food, especially fresh drinking water because fresh water is scarce in the Island, although one resto, called Tacubo Restaurant is amazingly affordable.During our short trip we had some “poso” (rice wrapped and cooked in coconut leaves), chicken adobo (chicken cooked in fish sauce and vinegar), and two cans of corned beef for our quick lunch. We hurriedly ate our lunch in a nearby bangka as it was already past 11 am and our Serpentina ride was about to leave.

Even if we had only limited time, toasting ourselves under the Hot Aliguay Sun was truly a worthwhile experience I would definitely come back again for more!

Indeed, it’s fun in the Philippines! It’s more fun in Aliguay!!!

14 Responses to “My Aliguay Island AdvenTOUR”

1. wolverine_fire says:

I have been to aliguay twice and I like it there. Friends and I are planning to go back next weekend. Haven’t tried snorkeling…

• Fantasyland Travel and Tour says:

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the feedback. You should try snorkeling. Avail of our Aliguay snorkeling package for only Php950 per person inclusive of roundtrip boat transfers, snorkeling gear, snorkeling tour guide, and set lunch. Feel free to call our numbers below. :)

2. Dorothy Wilson says:

I’ve been to dapitan but sad to say we didn’t take the tour. when i come back i will make sure that i’ll booked the 3 days and 2 nights tour and definitely visit aliguay…

• Fantasyland Travel and Tour says:

Hi Ms. Wilson,

That would be a great plan! We will look forward to serve you again.

Cheers! :)

3. rey says:

It’s so fabulous i didn’t expect for 3mons.later i went there , a lot of changes in the island,so great to have another island adventure and to explore the ravishing nature……go now…..wow….

4. Fantasyland Travel and Tour says:

Hi Sir rey,

Thank you. Come again for more surprises! Cheers! :)

5. Ian Heywood says:

Hi everyone,I am so glad to see that the island has taken off in a big way,but i do hope that it will not be ruined by all that is going on there right now.Please think about the future of the local people that have lived there for all there lives,at a first glance everything looks great,but please do not make the island a wasteland,think of the future.
    I live in Dipolog,and love the island and would like to keep it that way now,and in the future.
    Ian Heywood, Mediatrix,Upper Turno.

• Fantasyland Travel and Tour says:

Good morning Mr. Ian Heywood!
      Thank you so much for your concern, we do appreciate it. I am pleased to let you know that our team are one of those advocates of keeping the island’s good health and encouraging the locals of Aliguay to also do the same. From time to time our team conducts a special General cleaning operation on the island and its surroundings.
      As one of the few people who has a pure heart for Aliguay, you can be a part of this team. :) Please let us know. You can reach us through our numbers below.
      Thank you Mr. Heywood. Cheers! :)

6. whitelady321 says:

Once again,I miss the snorkeling moment when i glance the blue water with perfect rare coral reefs and vivid color of fishes…..only i found out that the island is much abundant of sea creatures………We must and love……..see u there….

7. oj says:

your experience is really awesome.. tag along some more friends of yours and come back to dapitan city so they can also experience and appreciate what nature and fantasy land travel and tour offer..

Thank you!!!

8. chipmunk says:

awesome! i want to go back to aliguay!!!

9. I just want to tell you that I am just newbie to blogging and site-building and absolutely loved you’re web page. Probably I’m planning to bookmark your blog . You surely have tremendous well written articles. Cheers for revealing your web site.

10. good Kharma keeps the wheel turning…